I love it when bloggers post lists of things I didn’t know about them. It almost always proves that you can’t judge a book by its cover. In many ways, I am an open book.
But I still have my secrets…
- When I was a kid, I hated my name because it was different. I didn’t meet another Richelle until I was in my 30s. It was so annoying that I could never find “personalized” stuff with my name growing up. I am over it, though. I love my name now.
- I learned to read when I was four, and my favorite thing to read was the encyclopedia. I still read only non-fiction. I am a knowledge junkie.
- Although I am totally the person who walks into a room and cannot remember what I went there for, I have a bizarre memory for certain things, like numbers. I have memorized my social security number, my husbands, my driver’s license, my library card, my 10 digit numerical wi-fi password and my debit card as well as random phone numbers and addresses. I also rarely forget names.
- Although my theme decor is kind of goth (my sister calls it “Addams Family) I do NOT like scary movies or gore of any kind.
- As well as anxiety/panic issues, I have Fibromyalgia. I never use these as an excuse for self-pity, because I realize how good my life truly is. My favorite aunt lost her only son, my beloved cousin Brandon, in a tragic accident. My plight is nothing compared to that.
- I am a total foodie. I love trying new food. That’s probably not a secret, but I bet you didn’t know that I cannot eat the skin of a peach. Even thinking about it makes me gag.
- Some people might call me a hoarder, but I like to think of myself as a collector. My current collections include travel bars, Ouija boards, cowboy boots, Alice in Wonderland memorabilia, cookie jars, Vans and pretty much anything black and red . I have over 20 pairs of Vans. Most of them are black or red or both, naturally my faves are red & black plaid.
- You already know I love black and red, but did you know that I love all things cherry? My dishes (two different sets, actually), my wallet, of course a bunch of handbags, the curtains in the Tiny Trailer, and my favorite, a complete set of luggage. Just to name a few.
- I love animals. When I was a little kid, I considered becoming a vet, but reconsidered when I realized what that entails. I have had some strange pets over the years, like snakes, tarantulas and my precious Sphinx cats. Right now we have 2 Boston terriers, three chickens (one ‘regular’, one Silkie and one Showgirl) and Frank, our Sulcata tortoise. If you follow me on Facebook, then you already know this.
- I am obsessed with Hello Kitty. Probably more than a 48-year-old woman should be, but hey I’m only like 20-something on the inside. Did you know that according to her back story, Hello Kitty’s name is Kitty White and that she lives in London?
- In my shop I sell jewelry, but I also make and sell oxygen tank covers. When my dad Bob became dependent on oxygen after losing a lung to cancer (see #5), he hated lugging that hideous tank around so I started making them for him, and then for others too.
- I met my husband, Greg, at work when I was 18. We have worked together for about 25 years all told, at three different places. We have been married since 1987.
- I have a strange aversion to the color blue. No idea why. I had to change the graphic for the blog hop from blue to red. I do not allow blue items to be displayed in my house, never write in blue ink and basically don’t use blue products. I have the world’s greatest organizing binder, but it is blue and I cannot bring myself to use it. I tried several times before I finally just had to get rid of it because I knew it would never happen.
Alright, so now you know my deepest, darkest secrets. Just kidding, there are so many more that you will never know. I am a Scorpio, after all.
An enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery.